Thursday, April 28, 2016

Me-Makes...

Pattern "J" from the Stylish Dress Book by Yoshiko Tsukiori...

It has been a while since I've shown you some of my makes. I finally finished the tunic above this morning. I cut it all out, sewed most of it together and then it lay on my cutting table for several weeks, waiting for me to return...

The original pattern is for a long dress/ cardigan which opens with buttons in the middle all the way down, but I was too lazy for the buttons plus I didn't have enough fabric for a full length version of this pattern. I love wearing tunics so a tunic it became. I added a little pocket, because a tunic without a pocket will never do. The material is super thin and it has some embroidered stitching on it, which is hard to photograph unfortunately...

I also bought four yards of this same kind of fabric but then in a light grey so that will be next. (Joann's was having a sale so I couldn't contain myself, a recurring theme!) I just have to decide on the pattern, very likely from the same Japanese sewing book, I love it so!

--  **  --  **  --

I'm still knitting too of course. I've finished a pair of socks out of Madeline Tosh in Cloud Dweller for my mom and I am now working on some color work socks for my sister out of Abstract Fiber Mighty Sock in Silver and Cascade Yarns Heritage Sock in Mustard. I really love color work, but man what a pain with magic loop! Anyhow, the first sock is almost done and then I have to tackle number two. Here is a sneak peek:

Sock #1 for my sister...

I'm only showing the yarn, since I want the actual socks be a little bit of a surprise...
--  **  --  **  --

In the mean time we have had yet several days of 30+ Celsius degree weather (84F) early last week, then it went down again and now we're expecting the same thing again for this coming weekend! We are so incredibly lucky!!! (although I must admit that 30C is a bit too much for comfort) I've been seeing all these horrendous weather pictures in social media of Great Britain, The Netherlands and southern Sweden floating by and I truly feel for everybody over there. Our garden looks like we're in mid-summer already!




No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...